If you’re new to social media marketing, it can be a bit overwhelming. Instead of allowing yourself to feel overwhelmed, check out the 15 social media tips here and use them to your advantage.
1. Use images in your posts - This is an excellent way to keep people interested in what you have to offer.
2. Post regularly - Logging in and posting every once in a while is not going to cut it.
3. Engage your visitors - Take the time to reply to all of the comments you receive from others. This can help you connect with your target audience, and get them further down the road to knowing, liking and trusting you.
4. Avoid overselling - Don’t try too hard to sell your products and services. People dislike pushy salespeople.
5. Be careful when using hashtags - While you want to use them to increase user engagement, using too many can be detrimental.
6. Stay on point - Always keep things relevant. Straying too far off topic will reduce user interest.
7. Don’t kick back - Don’t respond negatively to bad feedback. You will NEVER win at this! Make sure to respond and stay professional.
8. Brevity is key - Try not to post overly long messages. People will get bored by the time they reach the end.
9. Respond to comments - Whatever you do don’t disable comments. Instead engage here and show them just how much you value their contribution.
10. Stay consistent - Use scheduling tools to post when you can’t. Tools like Hootsuite, Buffer and others make this easy.
11. Post videos - People love them and it makes your content more shareable.
12. Focus your efforts - Pick a few social media platforms to focus on and do those well, rather than spreading yourself too thin attempting to hit everyone. Consider the majors like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
13. Mix it up - Post varied types of content so as to keep things interesting. Post, videos, memes, product reviews, testimonials and more.
14. Be generous - Everyone likes a deal, and offering them to your social audience is an excellent way to gain trust and shares.
15. Keep it light - Don’t forget this can be fun! Don’t be afraid to be a little edgy, and not so PC!
Please do me a favor by sharing this post with your friends. You can also let me know what you think of my post by leaving me a comment on my Facebook page and about other topics you would like me to cover.