You probably have heard all sorts of disparate predictions about the demise of email marketing, but what the evidence shows is that it’s still a very integral component of your online marketing mix, both now and down the road. According to Sign-Up.to’s 2013 UK Email Marketing Benchmark Report, there’s been a solid increase in average email open rates, rising from 18.35 percent to 21.47 percent over the last year. Also, (and more exciting) the average return on your email marketing investment is now a mind-numbing $44.25 for each dollar spent. (iContact)
Here are 5 easy tips to get your email marketing efforts heading in the right direction!
- Create great subject lines - Headlines do matter, as your open rates will tank if you neglect this aspect. Invest time to craft a subject line that makes people want to open your email. This could be a combination of curiosity, excitement, urgency, beneficial and spam compliant.
- Write engaging content - Make certain your emails are not just written to engage, but are also supplying great content unique to your brand. Over-deliver with regards to handing out pearls of wisdom, as that is presumably why they’re subscribed to and following you in the first place, correct?
- Put in social media share buttons - easy to do, and also easy to forget to do, this one is an excellent way to spread your emails around, especially those brimming with your best content. Put these buttons in there and encourage your users to use them. You will often gain new opt-ins the easy way!
- Deliver mobile-friendly emails - Now that 64 percent of decision makers read their email on their mobile device,(TopRankBlog) and the average person checks their smartphone some 34 times a day, isn’t it time to make sure your emails are mobile friendly?
- Send email more often - This is one we often balk at. No one wants to keep harrassing people who don’t want to read your messages. Sure, if you’re selling some shiny new object every email. Rather, make sure to keep sending terrific content that people simply can’t wait to read. Copyblogger reports that very often your unsubscribes actually decrease if you mail more frequently.
Please do me a favor by sharing this post with your friends. You can also let me know what you think of my post by leaving me a comment on my Facebook page and about other topics you would like me to cover.