It is easier than ever to put up a landing page these days, with oodles of tools to choose from to create beautiful pages with a few simple clicks.
But creating a highly-converting landing page: that’s a horse of a different color. There’s a lot of strategy that goes into making your landing page convert well, so let’s jump into that a bit by taking a look at these elements of a highly-converting landing page.
- Compelling headline - This is the first thing anyone reads on your landing page, and it should evoke a response that will get readers to read on, and eventually take the action you desire. It needs to explain your offer, and why it’s exactly what they want.
- Eye-catching image or video - We love to watch, and these days video landing pages are the highest converting flavor to be found.
- Benefits - Not features, but benefits that are what the customer is seeking. Use bullet points so your reader can easily scan the benefits they’ll be receiving, versus a large chunk of text.
- Strong call to action - You’ll want to include a strongly worded call to action that leaves no question as to what they do next. This principle also extends to the buy or download buttons: don’t settle for Buy Now. Make the text the natural next step for them. Use color to make your buttons stand out, as well.
- Testimonials - Social proof in the form of satisfied customers or clients is often the tipping point in your favor. You don’t need a page worth; just one or two to help out.
- Scarcity - No one want to lose out on something that they really want and truly need, so make this the case with your offer. Limited time offers, X amount copies, and other scarcity tactics work well in your favor here. By the way, try to be as truthful as you can here. No one likes false scarcity, and it will be unlikely they’ll trust you as much again.
Please do me a favor by sharing this post with your friends. You can also let me know what you think of my post by leaving me a comment on my Facebook page and about other topics you would like me to cover.