Making your small business Facebook page a hub of social activity for your business is a major task if you hope to expand your business using social media. However many are lulled into believing that simply putting up a business page and posting once every few months ought to do it. Not by a long shot.
You’ll have to actually make this a marketing channel if you want the best results, and the good news is it can and often does pay off handsomely. To help you we’ve narrowed down 7 tips for helping to maximize your Facebook business page.
7 Tips for better Facebook business page results
- Use the new Call to action feature - Facebook recently unveiled a new feature that allows you to insert a call to action in your posts. Be sure and use it!
- Schedule posts - Regardless of whether you do this inside of Facebook (preferred) or use a tool like Hootsuite or SproutSocial, scheduling posts ahead of time takes pressure off, and allows you to post more spontaneously as well.
- Post the type of posts they’re looking for - Check in the Posts section of your settings and look under post types to see the type of posts that are doing best with your audience. It breaks it down into status updates, photos and videos.
- Post often - Posting at least daily is wise, as it helps you stay engaged with your followers and fans, and helps you build authority in your space.
- Like, comment and share as your page - Liking and sharing other relevant business pages can help increase your fans, as well as help you find potential partners. Always do this as your Page, and not personally.
- Show off testimonials and awards - Your business page is an ideal spot to share any positive attention your business is getting. And when this gets shared…
- Share your site and other properties - Make sure to frequently point your audience to other web properties you own, including your site, video, YouTube channel and more.
It’s not a state secret how to make your Facebook presence more vibrant and profitable. It just takes a bit of effort.
Please do me a favor by sharing this post with your friends. You can also let me know what you think of my post by leaving me a comment on my Facebook page and about other topics you would like me to cover.