Maintaining your online reputation is a tricky exercise, one demanding equal parts diligence and creativity. In a day when Google is prone to rank the latest news relating to your site on the first page, whether or not it is representative of your business, you have to be able to not only find out about these attacks, but be ready to react to them.
There are things you can do on a daily basis to minimize the effects of these events, and we’ve complied a handy list you can use every day to help manage your online reputation!
6 Tips to enhance your online reputation on a daily basis!
- Monitor - The Web is a gigantic place, and you ought to be monitoring what is said about you and your company. Doing this on your own is a time consuming task, so make sure you use some of the tools available for finding what’s being said about you. Some of these are Google Alerts, Mention, and Topsy, among many.
- Solicit reviews - Ask your best customers to help you out by leaving positive reviews for you. Doing this on a regular basis helps push any negatives further down the search results where they won’t be found.
- Be Nice - It should go without saying that if you are being less than gracious in your dealings with your public, this will come back to bite you where, well, you know where. Be nice, even if it hurts!
- Search Google - Make regular searches of Google for name, product and keyword mentions associated with your company. Being proactive in this regard will definitely pay dividends! Also, don’t neglect to look at Google Images for product images tied to reviews.
- Add positive content - Make it a practice to add new, positive content that will offset negative entries. This can be done with guest posts or content on popular Web 2.0 sites like Tumblr and Squidoo.
- Link out to positive mentions - Make sure and link out to positive reviews of your site. This serves two purposes: outgoing authority links as well as highlighting your content in Google.
It’s no party looking after your online reputation. But in this era where one can be trashed in an instant, it’s absolutely necessary!
Please do me a favor by sharing this post with your friends. You can also let me know what you think of my post by leaving me a comment on my Facebook page and about other topics you would like me to cover.