Since the beginning of marketing time, maintaining and cultivating a customer and prospect list is the surest way to long term business, large or small.
Knowing this, there are a number of things we can do to increase the likelihood of gathering opt-ins. Let’s take a look at just 8 of the many ways you can energize your email opt-in box.
8 Tips on how to make your email opt-in box overflow!
- Give them a good reason to sign up - There must be a reason for most people to sign up to your lists, and these days it takes a bribe of some sort, typically something of value to them. That can be in the form of a free report, video or some other useful, targeted content.
- Ask for only name and email - The more fields you make them fill out, the lower your opt-in rate. Testing has proven this.
- Utilize a testimonial near your form - Having someone vouch for you alongside your request for their email is an easy way to provide social proof and improve opt-ins.
- Test compelling copy for your button - Don’t settle for a bland “Subscribe” text on your button. Test other, more colorful content to find the best wording.
- Use pop-ups - Like them or not, they work. Always keep the popups as innocuous as possible, preferably only showing up when they’ve been on the site for a while or are leaving.
- Use a concise call to action - Don’t be shy about requesting their info in return for your valuable gift. You both can win here, but only if you ask!
- Tell them what to do now - Don’t suppose people know what to do! Let them know exactly what to do in order to get what you’ve promised.
- Use attractive images - Be sure to use attractive imagery in your email opt-in boxes. They don’t have to be only textual. A nice image of what you’re giving them can go a long way!
Please do me a favor by sharing this post with your friends. You can also let me know what you think of my post by leaving me a comment on my Facebook page and about other topics you would like me to cover.