You may have thought to make your website optimized for mobile devices, but just how many of us have done the steps needed to ensure our Facebook pages are also mobile ready?
That’s what I thought! You’ll want to give this some thought, since huge numbers of people are accessing Facebook daily, and over half of those are connecting with their mobile devices. Going further, it’s been proven that 79% of smartphone users use their phones to help with shopping, with 74% making a purchase as a result. While much of Facebook would appear to be mobile optimized out of the box, there are some aspects of this you’ll want to check.
Look at how your Facebook Page is rendered on a mobile device
Facebook will condense your Page into elements in the following order: Timeline, Recommendations and Check-ins, Photos and your most recent post. Since there are a number of ways we can make our pages look, this isn’t always so with a mobile device.
A few ways to help optimize your Facebook Page
- Keep in mind that you have much less time and space on Mobile to get the attention of your visitors. Take pains to use smaller, eye-catching photos, and to not mince words! Be brief and direct in your text and particularly any calls to action.
- “Pin” a post you want to show up first in your mobile timeline, as this will ensure it does.
- Log into your Facebook page from a mobile device and see that your important info is not only there but correct. You need people to manage to find you! You can do this using “Facebook Nearby”.
- One way to increase social word of mouth is to encourage check-ins from your location. This will make a big difference with Facebook.
- Engage with your visitors when you are on your mobile device, and this is not only convenient for you, but helps you keep on top of activity on your page easily.
Please do me a favor by sharing this post with your friends. You can also let me know what you think of my post by leaving me a comment on my Facebook page and about other topics you would like me to cover.