Google is known for developing new programs and then getting rid of them if they don’t work out. Anyone remember Google Wave, Google Buzz and now Google Reader? While many have predicted much the same fate for Google , an addition to this may save the day. Google Hangouts is Google’s latest addition, and one that really has a lot of usefulness. (Particularly for marketers!)
A super easy tool for teleconferencing that can replace or augment your current webinar or online seminar solutions. Connected to your Google account, a hangout is a snap to launch, and it has several attractive features for marketers. You and up to ten other participants, together with any number of other viewers can watch your hangout live. It can be broadcast from your Google page, YouTube channel, or a page on your site. Google records the Hangout, and then a few minutes after you’re done, sends a YouTube URL to you, which you are able to then use in many ways.
Marketing with Google Hangouts
There are tons of ways to integrate Google Hangouts into your marketing. Here are 10 ways people are using effectively.
- Webinars - A free replacement for expensive webinar systems such as GoToWebinar.
- Conferences – Setup shop at any conference you happen to be attending and share the experience!
- Meetings - Hold virtual meetings in an informal, yet immediate venue.
- Product Launches - A creative way to create positive buzz on launch day. (Or before!)
- Interviews - Interviewing people made easy with Hangouts! Recorded, and transcribed.
- Product Demos - Show people what you’ve got, live and in person!
- Virtual Press Conferences - Help make your press releases go viral!
- Live Streaming Events - Many marketers now use Google Hangouts as their own live TV station, broadcasting weekly shows.
- Q & A with Customers - Discover what your customers want and need easily. Great trust builder!
- Podcast from your Hangout - Making a Podcast to share through iTunes is quite easy to accomplish.
If you’re not using Google Hangouts as an element in your marketing mix, you’re totally missing out on a great chance to engage with your audience in a more intimate, immediate way.
Please do me a favor by sharing this post with your friends. You can also let me know what you think of my post by leaving me a comment on my Facebook page and about other topics you would like me to cover.