Google+ has thus far not been taken very seriously by businesses seeking to promote their products and services. This is quickly changing! Google+ has positioned itself beautifully to challenge Facebook as a major social network for business.
Websites using the +1 Button increase page traffic by 350%, and over 925,000 people join Google+ each day! Put together all the functionality of your Google account, and massive search engine benefits, you have something we can get excited about.
How to apply your Google+ Local listing
Confused about how to use Google+? Never fear – use these to begin!
- Your Google+ profile – Complete it. Do this with some thought. Make sure you use engaging photos and images, and link to your other social media profiles.
- List your contact information – Include business hours, your contact information, together with maps and directions.
- Link to your blog or site – Make sure you link to your main business blog or site. This will provide added traffic and a great link.
- Create a business page – Showcase your small business where it matters. This has direct benefits for search engine results as well as for people who find you on Google+.
- Link out to your content –This will have several benefits, first of all getting them indexed nearly instantly, along with a several other search engine advantages. You can also use your Google+ page to create posts, complete with multimedia which can link out to your content elsewhere.
- Utilize Direct Connect – Utilize this feature in Google+ to allow visitors to add you to circles whenever they find you in search. Think of this as a Facebook “Like”.
- Use video chat in Google+ Hangouts – This tool is incredibly useful. Whenever you conduct a video chat, Google+ streams it, records it, and sends you the recording via email. You can then upload to YouTube, thus creating even more useful content. One terrific method to use this is to make impromptu product demos.
This is just the start of what’s possible with Google+. To find more strategies plus a very cool infographic on the subject see this post on CopyBlogger.
Please do me a favor by sharing this post with your friends. You can also let me know what you think of my post by leaving me a comment on my Facebook page and about other topics you would like me to cover.