Utilizing Facebook ads can be one of the most expedient and effective ad platforms for obtaining visitors to your sites, offers, and for various other purposes for your website. A Facebook Ad campaign is a breeze to put together, has great demographic targeting tools, and can be up in a matter of minutes. One thing to understand is that the solution to having the best results and return on investment (ROI) is via the use of the most appropriate and effective images available. It has been shown that imagery is 70-89 percent of the success or failure of a Facebook ad campaign. Let’s check out some useful methods for getting the most from your Facebook ad images.
5 Great Image Tips for Facebook Ads
Creating an ad that makes a real impact and statement for your product or services is a matter of standing out from the rest. Listed below are five ways to do just that!
- Use high quality images – Since your images will end up quite small, make sure you’re buying from a respectable resource. Fotolia and iStockPhoto are two of our faves. The XS size of available images will be fine, as even these are going to be cut down to the size of a postage stamp. (110×80 pixels)
- Crop your photos to generate maximum impact – Crop your photos tightly to focus on the most important aspect of your ad. Cropping faces from the eyes to mouth is the most impactful technique for riveting people images. Also, make sure that your model’s eyes have life. When utilizing product images, get close!
- Employ eye-catching colors – Using bright, visually arresting pics will do wonders for your clickthrough rates. Too many people opt to blend in with the pervasive Facebook blue, and thus consign their ads to a form of “banner blindness”.
- Choose attractive images – Unless you are going for a certain statement, opt for the most attractive photos you can find. People are attracted to beauty. Period. This isn’t to say that occasionally beauty can’t be trumped by cute, funny or outrageous.
- Use humor when you can – All of us love a good laugh. If you’ve got the opportunity to inject humor into your ad, don’t miss it! This will surely result in a higher clickthrough rate!
For some good illustrations of these imagery principles in action, check out this great article at Search Engine Watch.
Please do me a favor by sharing this post with your friends. You can also let me know what you think of my post by leaving me a comment on my Facebook page and about other topics you would like me to cover.