It might be very easy to dismiss Pinterest as just another photo sharing site and then leave it at that. That may be a costly mistake! What started out as a cooler version of Flickr has developed into a traffic and conversion goliath that’s beating the pants off far bigger and more well-known social properties.
- According to Mashable Pinterest has now outstripped Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit and Google+ COMBINED with regards to traffic!
- Think this is junk traffic? Guess again! Traffic from Pinterest is converting at rates 50 percent more than the rest.
- Pinterest Pins are apparently evergreen, delivering traffic, clicks and sales months after they‘ve been pinned!
- Guess which photo sharing site produces 4X more revenue than Twitter and a full 27 percent greater than Facebook? Good guess, Pinterest!
- And just how much more revenue? Well a study by Piqora found that a single Pin is now worth $0.78 in sales, a figure that is growing some 25 percent per year.
So how to capitalize on Pinterest traffic?
Like everything else in social media marketing, it usually takes a consistent effort over a bit of time for you to see significant results. Even though the viral aspects of social media definitely apply to Pinterest, you’ll need to have a plan, and someone to carry it out to get the best results.
The first step is knowing what you can pin. It’s not only pictures! Any media which includes any sort of visual component can help out. Think about blog posts, videos, slideshows, book covers, marketing materials, Powerpoint presentations and more. Make it easy for your site visitors to pin your content back to theirPinterest accounts by utilizing a Pin It button.
Create a Pinterest account for your business, and start some pin boards, linking back to your products and services on your site. Pinterest is a snap to get started with, and offers the potential to drive a large number of converting buyers to your site. Get in while the getting’s good!
Please do me a favor by sharing this post with your friends. You can also let me know what you think of my post by leaving me a comment on my Facebook page and about other topics you would like me to cover.