Quite often, the biggest challenge we’ll ever face in online marketing is extending the reach we have. One of the fastest and easiest ways to do that in 2015 is by using the immense power of video marketing.
The evidence is staggering: online video has become inextricably woven into the fabric of our daily lives. YouTube attracts more than 1 billion unique viewers per month. According to Nielsen, YouTube reaches more US adults ages 18-34 than any cable station.
So what are some of the benefits of video marketing?
There are many, but let’s just focus on a the top five:
- Improve your search engine presence. Ranking videos high on YouTube and Google is significantly easier than ranking web pages. According to one calculation from a Forrester Research analyst, you have a 50x better chance of ranking video content (versus text content) on page one of Google!
- Increase your reach. Having your videos on platforms where millions congregate will help spread the word about your business quickly. According to Facebook, posts that incorporate a photo or video generate 120 percent more engagement than the average post!
- Improve your branding, trust and online authority. Simply putting a face to the name can lend authority to your business. According to a CMI survey, 46 percent of people say they are more likely to seek information about a company, product or service after seeing a video about it.
- Generate traffic and help with lead generation. A video that becomes popular can result in a great deal of new visitors and business.
- Catch a wave. You can respond to market events and news incredibly quickly (sometimes the same day) and reap the search benefits of first responders.
An example of how video marketing can make a difference
BlendTec, a Utah based company that sells commercial blenders, spent $50 on five videos, using the hook, “Will it blend?” Their videos showed them blending everything from iPhones to marbles.
These, short low-budget videos generated more than 35 million views, which helped sales grow from $2 million to $10 million in two years. Not bad for a $50 investment!
It’s no surprise that more and more businesses are using video to attract new business and educate their existing customer base.
Please do me a favor by sharing this post with your friends. You can also let me know what you think of my post by leaving me a comment on my Facebook page and about other topics you would like me to cover.