Mobile marking is a goldmine!
But you wouldn’t realize it looking at the marketing activities of many local businesses…
The age of the smart phone is here but many small local business owners are still in the dark ages. They are playing catch up with their clients and their behavior. A recent Web.com survey showed of 500 small business owners showed on 26 percent of respondents invested time and money in optimizing their website for mobile devices! Exactly what does this mean for small business owners? It means this is a excellent time to stand out from the crowd. The mobile customers are ripe for the taking and you’re in prime position to reap the rewards!
More than fifty percent of all searches are being done on a mobile device and you being a small business owner can take advantage of that. Even a small business on a tight budget can make use of these five ways to target mobile users.
- Mobile Optimized Site – Ensuring that the site is optimized properly for mobile is step one, and without it pretty much everything else doesn’t matter. Make sure it is designed with mobile in mind, and is available on all platforms. According to market research from Google, 61 percent of consumers will leave a website if it’s not optimized for mobile.
- Look into Mobile Ads – Mobile ads are cheap and efficient. This might sound surprising but at the moment lots of the inventory goes unsold each month and this keeps the prices down. This makes it an excellent time for you to jump in and explore the idea of mobile advertising.
- SMS and Push Notifications – SMS messages have several great advantages. First and foremost; they get opened. A lot. According to Frost and Sullivan, SMS messages offer an astounding 95 percent open rate! Push notifications are also a great way to connect with your customer base.
- Using Mobile with Your Social Media – Having the capability to connect real-time with your social networks and send links to coupons, specials, events and even a link to your latest YouTube video is a quick way to not just increase traffic and buzz, but also to aid your site’s search engine ranking. Google hangouts are now becoming a new and exciting way to reach prospects in real-time.
- Location Based Marketing and Passbook – Make certain you’re capable of being found with the various location based mobile services like Foursquare and Yelp, as well as look into new technology like Passbook, a terrific new app that permits users to store coupons, boarding passes, gift cards, event tickets, store cards, along with other types of mobile payment.
The most important thing for local small businesses is to collect knowledge and always keep learning. Remember, it doesn’t have to be hard and it doesn’t have to be extravagant. You just need to begin where you are and never stop learning.
If you want to learn more call me at 321-206-1084 or go to my website OrlandoInternetMarketingConsultant to find out more about how you can market your Local Business Online.
Please do me a favor by sharing this post with your friends. You can also let me know what you think of my post by leaving me a comment on my Facebook page and about other topics you would like me to cover.