You may have heard that Yelp was pretty much history, and it wasn’t relevant to your small business these days. That’s likely your competitor talking!
Yelp is still not only relevant but also essential for small business in this era of instant social signals spreading your reputation around the Web. To demonstrate this further we decided to share a boatload of the reasons why your business should still concern yourself with Yelp. This should open your eyes to the opportunity that Yelp still delivers.
10 great reasons to use Yelp more than before!
- 90 percent of Yelp users state that reading positive reviews affects their purchasing decisions and the lion’s share of these reviews are written.
- 93 percent of people who search review sites typically go shopping at the businesses for they investigate.
- There is an average $8,000 improvement in annual revenue for businesses that use Yelp.
- There is another $23,000 increase in revenues for those who choose to use Yelp advertising.
- 77 percent of Yelp users claim that they have a renewed and more focused customer service initiative after using Yelp.
- In spite of these numbers, a full 87 percent of small businesses have yet to incorporate Yelp.
- Reviews by your guests that praise your “customer service” in the review are far more likely to make those coveted 5 star reviews.
- Each star produces a 5-9 percent jump in revenues.
- Yelp favors small businesses over the McDonalds of the world.
- Yelp’s exciting new “Call to Action” button brings customers directly from your Yelp page to your site where a transaction can take place.
Review sites like Yelp offer a huge opportunity for small business. Because of so many consumers using online reviews and basing their shopping and purchasing decisions so heavily on them, it would be wise to take advantage of such an obvious outlet for positive feedback regarding your site. In addition to that, the chance to promote, solidify, and engage about your brand is priceless.
Please do me a favor by sharing this post with your friends. You can also let me know what you think of my post by leaving me a comment on my Facebook page and about other topics you would like me to cover.